About BEST MATERIALS®
W-9 / Taxpayer ID is:
We are a
Government, SAM, GSA, DLA and CCR
SAM / DFA ID (Cage code) is:
You can see
our details here
SAM Search (formerly BINCS) (enter our 4ECW4 code)
Our DUNS #
Company Values & Principles
Since our founding in 1994 Best Materials has strived to achieve the best customer service while providing superior value to customers. Best Materials
is proud of our history of success in the industry. At the same time, we know that the success of our company relies highly on the way we service the needs of our customers.
Our approach is grounded in a commitment to providing superior service and customer value. This reinforces our high workplace morale. Hard work alone will not guarantee our future
success. We strive focus on the needs of the customers using creativity, commitment, pride and passion are a part of everything we do. We are committed to achieving the Best
Materials goals through adherence to these stated values and principles.
2010: Best Materials webstore grows to exceed the Copperstate Roofing Supply business
side. Copperstate Roofing Supply branding was diminished starting in Q4 2010.
2003: "Copperstate Roofing Supply" merged under "Best Materials LLC" of Arizona.
1998: "Copperstate Waterproofing & Roofing Supply" name changed to "Copperstate Roofing Supply".
1994: "Copperstate Waterproofing & Roofing Supply" founded in Arizona.
Code of Conduct
Best Materials Code of Conduct provides guidance to ensure we meet our higher standard and conduct business the Best Way - the right way, which is "Winning with Integrity." Simply put, we want all members of our team, along with our customers, shareholders and suppliers to understand that they can believe what we say and trust
what we do. Our higher standard includes several key characteristics that both underpin the Soul of Best Materials and provides the foundation for our Code of Conduct:
Trust - Our word is good. We keep our commitments to each other and to our stakeholders.
Integrity - We do the right thing without compromise. We avoid even the appearance of impropriety.
Honesty - What we say is true and forthcoming - not just technically correct. We are open and transparent in our communications with
each other and about business performance.
Judgment - We think before we act and consider the consequences of our actions.
Respect - We treat people with dignity and value their contributions. We maintain fairness in all relationships.
Courage - We speak up for what is right. We report wrongdoing when we see it.
Responsibility - We accept the consequences of our actions. We admit our mistakes and quickly correct them. We do not retaliate against
those who report violations of law or policy.
Ethical - We follow fair, ethical and responsible online marketing practices as outlined by organizations such as
the Electronic Retailing Association. This includes, but is not limited to, refraining from selling and/or distributing goods without manufacturer authorization,
and/or trafficking in counterfeit products.
Best's success is driven by our customers' success. We are only successful if our customers are successful in their endeavors. Our primary mission it to support our customers success by
- We are easy to do business with.
- We respond to our customers' needs with speed, agility and a 'can do' attitude.
- We strive to bring our customers greater value than competitors.
- We do what we say we will do.
- We prioritize long-term customer-relations over short-term profits.
We are responsible and trustworthy. We have a sense of ownership and know we perform best when:
- Satisfying the needs of customers is everyone's first priority.
- Respect for the individual is demonstrated. We treat each other with dignity and fairness.
- Diversity and equity are embraced in all our policies and practices.
- Conflict is resolved in a timely and direct manner.
- Work is stimulating and challenging.
- There is a balance between work and personal life.
- The leadership team sets an example by demonstrating commitment to these values and principles.
beneficial relationships with customers, suppliers, educational institutions and the community are essential.
- The highest standards of ethical behavior are followed in all of our dealings.
- We endeavor to understand and anticipate our partners' needs and capabilities, and help them plan for future
- Suppliers and other partners are recognized as an extension of our team.
- We support and encourage community involvement.
Quality is defined by
- Requirements are clearly defined, communicated and understood.
- We strive for error-free work and defect prevention.
- Variances are detected and permanently corrected at the source, ensuring that defects do not escape to the customer.
- Continuous improvement is designed into every aspect of our business.
- Quality is everyone's responsibility.
- We do not compromise quality.
Teamwork & Empowerment
We work together to achieve our goals.
- We support our goals over a team's or individual's business goals.
- Teams have the necessary skills, resources, information and authority to self-manage both social and technical
- Roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and understood.
- Adaptability, flexibility and initiative are expected from all.
- We willingly undertake any task required for the effective operation of our business.
- Leadership roles and activities are shared.
- Decisions are made: at the source; based on input from those affected; considering both business and individual needs.
- We are accountable for our actions and responsibilities.
- We challenge boundaries and practices to initiate improvement.
- We encourage activities that build teamwork and high morale.
Technical Knowledge and Support
Our success is based on technical leadership.
- Make optimal use of resources and industry standard methods.
- Strive for simplicity and ease-of-use.
- Use tools, technology and methods best suited to sustain competitive advantage.
We take time to listen and ensure understanding.
- Information is shared to maximize understanding, commitment and ownership.
- Communication is clear, timely, honest, accurate and takes place directly between concerned parties.
- We constructively offer and accept feedback.
We maintain a high-caliber workforce.
- We attract and retain people with the best qualifications, skills, aptitudes and attitudes that match our long-term
requirements and work culture.
- We are trained and qualified to be proficient in our jobs.
- The development of appropriate technical, interpersonal and team skills is a shared responsibility between Copperstate and
- We are responsible for effective knowledge transfer, skills development and succession planning.
- Developmental and job opportunities are known and accessible to all employees.
- We are committed to continuous learning.
- We have a flexible workforce in which employment arrangements may differ. We are committed to making employment a rewarding experience for both Best and the individual.
Our programs are competitive and influenced by overall company success.
- We know what is expected of us and how our contribution is measured.
- Ongoing poor performance is not tolerated.
- We encourage trial of new ideas, innovation and calculated risk-taking. We treat errors as opportunities to learn and grow.
- Skills, knowledge and contributions to the achievement of goals are key elements that influence compensation, recognition and opportunity.
- Individual, team and company achievements are recognized in a fair and consistent manner.
- We celebrate our successes.
We take pride in our workplace and are a responsible corporate citizen.
- Each of us is obligated to maintain a safe, clean, healthy and secure work environment.
- Our workplace is a showcase of our capabilities.
- We promote a healthy lifestyle.
- We protect the environment.
Making It All Work
The transition to a workplace consistent with these values and principles takes time, patience and ongoing participation from all of us. This is a continuous
process and there are obstacles along the way, but with teamwork, tolerance and perseverance we succeed.