1/4 inch Diameter Polyethylene Backer Rod, CLOSED CELL, ASTM C509 / D1667 Grade. CUSTOM CUT LENGTH. PRICE/FOOT.
* One continuous piece cut from the spool
* Custom-cut items are non-returnable or cancellable
* Color could be gray or charcoal and is NOT selectable
High moisture environments
Ground based expansion joints
General purpose sealant backing
Use together with self-leveling sealant
Around perimeters of door and window frames,
Coping and glazing joints
Log Home Chinking
APPLYING BACKER ROD:
1. Joint or opening should be clean and dry and free of all contaminates, loose materials, dry, and free of water or frost.
2. To install, compress backer-rod into the joint
Round, firm, resilient, polyethylene extruded closed celled foam with a water resistant outer skin. Color may be charcoal or gray, and is NOT SELECTABLE.
Meets ASTM C509 / D1667.
Provides a Controlled Depth for Sealants.
SIZE: 1/4 Inch product is oversized slightly, and can be up to 0.330". It compresses up to 60%.
Bond-Breaker: Does not stick to sealants. Exceeds ASTM standards for bond breakering materials. No bond breaker is required.
Very high moisture resistance. Will not absorb ground water.
Compatible with all know types of sealants including butyl, polyurethane, silicones, tri-polyimer, polysulfide, acrylic, etc.
before sealants are applied. Install backer-rod using a blunt tool or a plain faced roller.
3. Force the rod to the depth recommended by sealant manufacturer, (typically about 1/2 of joint width measured at the crown of the backer rod). A template or roller gauge may be used to control the depth at which the rod is placed.
4. Don't stretch, puncture or tear backer-rod during installation but gently force into the joint so that the backer-rod fits tight against the sides of the joint.
1. Follow suggestions for joint-sealant application
as directed by sealant manufacturer.
2. Where priming of the sides of joint is necessary to assure good adhesion of sealant, primer should be applied only to the joint surfaces and allowed to dry before Backer-Rod is placed. DO NOT prime Backer-Rod.
similar product terms: backer rod, closed cell backer rod, closed cell rod, backstop, bond breaker, closed celled foam, closed celled rod, closed celled backer rod, caulk backing, sealant backing, sealant support, caulk support, tundra backer rod, tundra closed cell backer rod, mile high foam