PRODUCT: 1/4 inch Diameter Closed Cell Polyethylene Foam Backer Rod. 4000'/Carton. Price/Carton. (Color is not selectable and color could be Gray or Charcoal; ships from our WEST Coast Warehouse)
- Ships from our West Coast Warehouse; (select BACKER-ROD-14CC-EAST for lower cost EAST area shipments).
- In stock for quick shipment.
- Color may be Charcoal or light-to-medium gray, and NOT selectable.
High moisture environments
Ground based expansion joints
General purpose sealant backing
Concrete cut joints
Around perimeters of door and window frames,
Coping and glazing joints
- Log Home chinking
- Isolation joints
Round, firm, resilient, closed-celled polyethylene foam with a water resistant outer skin.
- Provides controlled depth for sealants.
SIZE: 1/4 inch product is oversized slightly. It compresses up to 60%.
Does not stick to sealants. Exceeds ASTM standards for bond breaker materials. No added bond breaker is required.
Very high moisture resistance. Will not absorb ground water.
- Compatible with all known types of sealants including butyl, polyurethane, silicones, tri-polyimer, polysulfide, acrylic, etc. (except Hot-Pour sealants)
Select a backer-rod diameter that is approximately 25% larger than the width of the joint. Small backer rod compresses easier (25-60%).
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Call us at 1-800-474-7570 or 602-272-8128
You'll get a prompt reply!
tags / similar product terms: 1/4 backer rod, window backer rod, glazing backer rod, window glazing backer rod, window backer rod, window chinking, window caulk backer, window caulk backing, 1/4 glazing rod, backer rod, closed cell backer rod, chinking, caulk backing, sealant backing, sealant support, caulk support, closed cell rod, closed celled foam, closed celled rod, closed celled backer rod, ITP backer rod, RB14 backer rod, mile high foam