1-1/2 inch Diameter Foam Backer Rod, Open Cell Polyurethane, Yellow Color. Meets ASTM D5249, C1330 D1056. 40 Feet/Bag. Price/Bag.
Yellow round, soft, polyurethane extruded open cell foam. Provides controlled depth for sealants.
Compresses up to 80 percent, 25 percent is recommended. Compatible with all know types of sealants including butyl, polyurethane, silicones, tri-polyimer, polysulfide, acrylic, etc.
- Low moisture environments
- Above-ground / non-submerged joints
- General purpose sealant backing
- Use together caulk or sealant
- Around perimeters of door and window frames
- Coping and glazing joints
- Parking Decks
- Log Home chinking
- Highway construction, and pavement maintenance
- Hot pour applications, up to 500F
SIZING SOFT BACKER-ROD:
Select a backer-rod diameter that is approximately 25% larger than the width of the joint, but not less than 10% of the widest area.
APPLYING BACKER ROD:
1. Joint or opening should be clean and dry and free of all contaminates, loose materials, dry, and free of water or frost.
2. To install, compress backer-rod into the joint before sealants are applied. Joint or opening should be clean and dry and free of obstructions. Install backer-rod using a blunt probe or a plain faced roller to force the rod to the desired depth.
3. Force the rod to the depth recommended by sealant manufacturer, (typically about 1/2 of joint width measured at the crown of the backer rod). A template or roller gauge may be used to control the depth at which the rod is placed.
4. Do not stretch, puncture or tear backer-rod during installation but gently force into the joint so that the backer-rod fits tight against the sides of the joint.
1. Follow suggestions for joint-sealant application as directed by sealant manufacturer.
2. Where priming of the joint is necessary, primer should be applied only to the joint surfaces and allowed to dry before Backer-Rod is placed. DO NOT prime Backer-Rod.
similar product terms: backer rod, open cell backer rod, foam backer rod, foam rod, open cell rod, denver foam
Email us at email@example.com or
Call us at 1-800-474-7570 or 602-272-8128
You'll get a prompt reply!