PRODUCT: Epoxy Primer, Clear Waterbased 1-Part Penetrating Primer (formerly Uniseal Primer). For concrete or asphalt. Penetrates and seals porous substrates to improve adhesion of topcoats. Dries Semi-Clear. 1-Gallon Pail. Price/Pail. (shipping leadtime 2-4 days; aka gaf # 890541000)
APPLICATIONS: This clear, single-component epoxy primer/sealer designed to penetrate and seal porous substrates and to improve the adhesion of topcoats. Suitable for most surfaces including concrete, wood, fiberglass, steel, aluminum or asphaltic surfaces.
Although the clear epoxy primer will greatly enhance the adhesion of various topcoats over metal surfaces, it is not designed to add to the corrosion resistance of the system, beyond what the topcoat provides.
It will effectively solidify punky or chalky concrete, masonry or roofing surfaces when used as a primer prior to topcoating.
An excellent primer for elastomeric roof coatings being applied over various surfaces.
Primer will amber slightly when used on exterior surfaces without a topcoat.
Can be used on its own as a transparent sealer over interior concrete floors to provide dustproofing and enhanced cleanability characteristics.
The following are approximate application rates:
Concrete: 250 to 300 sq. ft./gallon (6.1-7.3 m²/l)
Lightweight Concrete: 100 to 150 sq.ft./gal. (2.4 -3.7 m²/l)
Wood: 300 sq. ft./gallon (7.3 m²/l)
Fiberglass: 300 to 400 sq. ft./gallon (7.3-9.8 m²/l)
Metal: 300 to 400 sq. ft./gallon (7.3 - 9.8 m²/l)
1. Solids By Weight: 15% (±1) [ASTM D2369]
2. Solids By Volume: 14% (±1) [ASTM D2697] 3. Weight Per Gallon: 8.4 lbs. (3.8 kg) (±.2) [ASTM D1475]
4. Dry Time To Touch: 30 minutes @ 75°F (24°C) [ASTM D1640]
5. Cure Time: 8+ hours @ 75°F (24°C). Cure and recoating time will vary from 2 to 48 hours depending upon ambient conditions and the type of topcoat being applied. *High humidity and/or low temperature will retard cure and recoat times.
6. Volatile Organic Content (VOC): 330 grams/liter 7. Low & High Temperature Limits: -30°F to 150°F (-34°C to 66°C)
Product Data Sheet (.pdf)