PRODUCT: MasterEmaco A 660 (formerly called Acryl 60) Concrete Bonding and Modifying admixture Concentrate. A water-based acrylic adhesion promoter, bonding and modifying admixture for concrete products. Mixes 3/1, water/A60. 1-Quart Bottle. Price/Bottle.
MasterEmaco A 660 (Acryl 60) is an acrylic-polymer concentrate is diluted up to 3:1 and is then mixed with portland cement mortars, plasters, stucco, and concrete mixes. Acryl® 60 improves the adhesion, cohesion, tensile, compressive, and flexural strengths of these cement-based materials. This non-yellowing, water-base material is suitable for applications interior and exterior, above and below grade. Acryl® 60 produces a hard, strong, high adhesion and fast cure for a wide variety of concrete-repair and cement-based coating materials.
• Cement-based mixes to improve their adhesion, and durability
• As gauging liquid for concrete waterproofing and concrete repair products, such as Thoroseal® and Thorite®
• Ramps and structural beams, structural walls
• Interior or exterior
• Above or below grade
HOW TO APPLY:
1. The methods required for preparation will vary depending on the end product to be applied and the site and substrate conditions.
2. In all cases the surface must be clean and sound. Remove all loose and disintegrated material. Remove any and all traces of oil, grease, dirt, dust, efflorescence, biological, mold or mildew, and release
or curing agents.
3. Vacuum, sweep, or blow out the areas to be patched with clean, oil-free air.
Predampen the area to be patched or coated with potable water to a saturated surface-dry (SSD) condition. Do not leave standing water on surface. Proper surface preparation and cleanliness are
For other surface preparation guidelines, refer to the specific Thoro® product data guide for information.
1. The normal ratio of Acryl 60® to clean potable water is 1 part Acryl 60® to 3 parts water (1 to 3). Where increased physical and chemical resistance are required, increase the Acryl 60® content in the mixing liquid to a 1 to 2 or 1 to 1 Acryl 60® to water ratio (see chart above).
2. Always mechanically mix. Do not overmix or mix at a high speed.
1. Thoroughly mix all cement and sand first. The sand must be clean, free of clay, and dry.
2. Make up mixing liquid from a 1-to-3 or 1-to-2 Acryl 60® water ratio depending upon requirements.
3. Slowly add the mixing liquid to the cement/sand mixture and mix with a slow-speed mixer for 1–2 minutes to avoid entrapping air. After preparing, cleaning, and predampening the surface, brush apply a scrub coat (not diluted) of the Acryl 60®-modified cement/sand. Scrub vigorously into the surface to displace any air pockets.
4. Place the mix into the scrub-coated repair area while the scrub coat is still wet or tacky. Place the mix and avoid overtroweling. The trowel should be cleaned frequently, kept wet, and used with minimal pressure.
5. Maximum time for placement should not exceed 20 minutes. Higher air and surface temperatures will decrease working and placement time.
1. When rapid drying is expected due to high temperatures, rapid air movement, or wind, it is recommended that the surface be covered with
wet burlap to retain moisture.
2. For normal use, allow a 24-hour curing period.
3. For heavy wheeled traffic, allow a 4-day curing period.
For Best Performance
• Do not use Acryl 60® modified mixes when the ambient air or surface temperature is below 40° F (4° C) or when the temperature is expected to fall below 40° F (4° C) within 24 hours. High relative humidity, excessive
moisture, and low temperatures will retard the curing of Acryl 60® modified mixes.
• Do not use with air-entrained cement mixes or with air-entraining admixtures.
• Do not overmix or aerate mixes.
• Use with proper ventilation.
• Do not use Acryl 60® as a surface-applied external bonding agent or as a primer.
• Do not expose cement-based mixes modified with Acryl 60® to water immersion service for a minimum of 24 hours at 73° F (23° C).
• Not recommended for exposure to soft water or immersion where contact with water-treatment chemicals is present without a protective top coat.
• Caution should be used when a highly solvent material is being used over a base system that contains Acryl 60®.
• Make certain the most current versions of product data sheet and MSDS are being used; call Customer Service (1-800-433-9517) to verify the most current version.
• Proper application is the responsibility of the user.
Technical Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet, in SPANISH
LEEDS 4 Certification
Product Renaming Certification
similar product terms: masteremaco A660, A660, A660, a-660, basf a 660, a 660, acryl 60, acryl60, adhesion promoter, 51656438, 55350538, 55350644, 51656385, 51656544, 51656915, 51656544, concrete adhesion promotor, concrete adhmixture