6" Diameter Poly Backer Rod, Closed Cell, White Color, Non-Stick Skin, 6-Foot Pieces (actual size varies ~69-72 inches). Price/Each.
- Shipping leadtime: 1-2 business days.
Round, firm, resilient, polyethylene extruded closed celled foam with a water resistant outer skin. Provides controlled depth for sealants. Compresses up to 50% in smaller sizes and 30% in large sizes. Does not stick to sealants. Exceeds ASTM standards for bond breakering materials. No bond breaker is required. Very high moisture resistance. Will not absorb ground water. Compatible with all know types of sealants including butyl, polyurethane, silicones, tri-polyimer, polysulfide, acrylic, etc.
- High moisture environments
- Ground based expansion joints
- General purpose sealant backing
- Use together with self-leveling sealant
- Highway joints
- Parking garages
- Around perimeters of door and window frames
- Coping and glazing joints
- Log Home chinking
- Isolation joints
Sizing Soft Backer Rod:
Select a backer-rod diameter that is approximately 25% larger than the width of the joint.
Joint Width Recommended Diameter
1-1/4" - 1-1/2" 2"
2" - 2-1/2" 3"
2-1/2" - 3-1/2" 4"
3-1/2" - 4-1/2" 5"
4-1/2" - 5-1/2" 6"
Applying Backer Rod:
1. Joint or opening should be clean and dry and free of all contaminates, loose materials, dry, and free of water or frost.
2. To install, compress backer-rod into the joint before sealants are applied. Install backer-rod using a blunt tool or a plain faced roller.
3. Force the rod to the depth recommended by sealant manufacturer, (typically about 1/2 of joint width measured at the crown of the backer rod). A template or roller gauge may be used to control the depth at which the rod is placed.
4. Don't stretch, puncture or tear backer-rod during installation but gently force into the joint so that the backer-rod fits tight against the sides of the joint.
1. Follow suggestions for joint-sealant application as directed by sealant manufacturer.
2. Where priming of the sides of joint is necessary to assure good adhesion of sealant, primer should be applied only to the joint surfaces and allowed to dry before Backer-Rod is placed. DO NOT prime Backer-Rod.
similar product terms: backer rod, tilt wall seal, tilt wall sealant, tilt wall gap seal, caulk backing, sealant backing, sealant support, caulk support, soft cell foam, closed cell foam rod, log home chinking
Email us at email@example.com or
Call us at 1-800-474-7570 or 602-272-8128
You'll get a prompt reply!